Wednesday, July 24, 2019

27A - Reading Reflection No. 3

Steve Jobs


1) You read about an entrepreneur:
·       What surprised you the most?
·       What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
·       What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
·       Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
What surprised me the most about Jobs was that even though he agreed to have this book written about him, he did not want to have a say in what was said about him and he did not even want to read it. I admire this about Jobs more than anything because it shows he does not want to tell people to think about him in a certain way. He just wants to live life and let people express themselves how they please. He focused Apple around this type of ideology. What I admire least about Jobs is that he focused too much resources on projects that could have never been completed the way he wanted them to be. They were lost causes.
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? 
I noticed that Jobs is hardworking and resilient which are two keys to his success.
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
The part that confused me the most in the book was when he talked about Bob Dylan’s music. I don’t understand the meaning behind this excerpt in the book.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask how he decided that his role in life was to be someone who would create products that have never been dreamt of before and I would ask him how long he thought of each product before deciding to get a team to work on it.
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I think that I have the same opinion of hard work as Jobs and that is that you cannot give up until you have accomplished what you set out to do.

3 comments:

  1. Reed,
    My first reading reflection was on this wonderful book. You did a great job of analyzing Steve Jobs -- his strengths, weaknesses, etc. I did not know that surprising fact you mentioned about how Jobs didn't want to have a say in this book and didn't even want to read it. It shows you how dedicated he was to perfecting himself as an entrepreneur as well as Apple. Jobs lived through everything mentioned in this book. He does not need to relive it. He chose to focus on the present and the future. That's very respectable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reed! Great post! I found the very first part of your post quite interesting in particular. I wonder if he ever did end up reading the book...it would be hard for me to resist reading a book that was written about me! I also found it hilarious when you mentioned the fact that you had no idea why he was talking about Bob Dylan's music. Way to make someone laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed, I read this book for the first reading reflection and I would say that when I read yours, it was much more depth than men and there were many stories of jobs that i didn't know about before. I hope that you had some interesting topics that you didn't know before either.

    ReplyDelete