Tuesday, July 23, 2019

26A - Celebrating Failure

A time I failed this semester, specifically in this class, was when I submitted my first video pitch assignment. I did not read the directions correctly and unfortunately my video pitch was not as good as it should have been. I recorded the video without being dressed professionally and I was not as prepared as I should have been, thus it was a lackluster performance. I then make the second video and although it was better, it was not as good as it could have been.

For the third video, I learned from all of my previous mistakes and I think I made my best version of a video pitch. I dressed professionally and spoke clearly and concisely.

I think I handle failure pretty well because I see it as a learning experience rather than just a plain old failure. This class has helped me realize even more than you should take every failure as an opportunity to learn how to be better. I'd see I am just as likely to take a risk now as I was before this class.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Reed, I think it is really good that you have the right perspective when it comes to failure. It was also nice to see that you were able to recognize your mistakes in your first few pitches and make the corrections in order to make them better. I think we are constantly learning and if you keep that as your mindset you will continue to overcome any type of "failure" in your life and it will allow you to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reed,
    I watched your three elevator pitches and I definitely noticed significant improvement in your third pitch. You spoke more articulately and coherently. You also dressed professionally. The way you say you handle failure is exactly how failure should be handled! Failure shouldn't make someone upset, it should excite them because now they can try again knowing they won't make the same mistake. It really is one of the best learning experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed, I saw vast improvement in your video pitches and I wouldn't be upset that you failed the first time. I feel that learning from failing is one of the best forms of growing and that we should greet failure with a different mindset to enjoy the hard times to better the future.

    ReplyDelete