Friday, July 12, 2019

20A - Growing Your Social Capital

Growing Your Social Capital

The first person I am going to talk about fulfills the domain expert area. This person is Brad Gamble and he is my supervisor at The Selling Factory. He co-founded the company, which provides the service that I would like to produce. The Selling Factory helps other companies find prospects and ultimately partake in outbound call and email campaigns. I found this person because he is my boss. We talked about how he came about founding this company and he just asks that I do my job well and help his company succeed. He could help me enhance my ability to exploit an opportunity by providing me with valuable sales experience and connecting me with future employers.

The second person I contacted fulfills the expert area of this assignment. This person is Sasha Bartnovsky and she is a genius at conducting customer research. She works for a major advertising and research agency in New York City and has moved up in the company greatly over the past few years. I found Sasha because she is part of my extended family and I gave her a call to get some feedback about what she thought of my product. She told me ways I could find out who the best target market would be based on my product and in return she just wants me to be successful in life. Including this person in my network will enhance my ability to exploit an opportunity because she can always help me with research and knowledge in terms of target market and advertising.

The third person I contacted fulfills the important supplier to my industry part of this assignment. This person provides services to other organizations in my industry. They help companies scale their company by providing consulting services. I found this person because they are a friend of my dad and they told me the best way to successfully scale a product or business in the right time frame. This will help me in the future because now I know limitations to businesses and how quickly you can scale a product or company.

This assignment will definitely help me in future networking events because I know have experience reaching out to experts in a field I am interested in. I have never done a networking experience like this before.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you came across some great connections! It's awesome that you have a boss who is so willing to give you advice and want to watch you succeed. He could be great for helping you with future career aspirations as well. The person that seemed the most beneficial was your expert. This is the type of person you want giving you advice. She knows her field very well and has done many different projects. I would be extremely excited to have her as a connection because she could be really big in helping you with ideas and making your product succeed the best way possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Reed, I agree with Garrett, it sounds like you made some really great connection with some very intelligent people. It also sounds like you're a head of the game in terms of your product because your boss provides services that you would like to produce. You have a true advantage in this situation because you're learning directly from the top, and its very relatable to your product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this post on growing your social capital! It seems like you thoroughly researched the people you wanted to interview and knew how to apply them to your brand.

    ReplyDelete