Friday, June 14, 2019

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1

The segment that I choose to interview people in is the segment of kids aged 18-21 that own an Xbox.

After conducting three interviews, one on a freshman who owns an Xbox and two on juniors who own Xbox's, I realized that the need awareness for a cooling gaming controller is very high for people in this specific segment. These three all noted that they become aware of the need for a cooling controller when they are getting a sweaty controller from someone else and have to use their shirt to wipe it clean, often inefficiently.

Also, all three people who I interviewed stated that when they first become aware of the need, they use their shirt to clean the controller, a situation that my product would eliminate. When they would search for it, they would either look for a controller with grip, which helps to limit the amount of sweat spread or they just buy sanitizing wipes to clean off the controllers every time they switch. They do also talk to friends and family about the problem.

This segment is very aware of the need for a way to limit sweat on controllers and my cooling controller solves this problem. They are very receptive to new solutions since grips have not been a sufficient solution. Always open to new information.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Reed,
    I really love your passion for this subject it is such a great idea. I think that with this blog entry you really covered a lot and did the right things. I found it super interesting the subject is something that I would love to do future research on. After reading your article it hooked me and makes me want to get more information about it. Combining the subject together is a great way to widen your audience and make the most use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Reed, I really like your business Idea, I used to play Fortnite everyday and when I get in a tough situation my hands tend to sweat pretty bad. I’m not sure if its because my controller gets hot, or its just my natural hands. I do think having a controller that cools could be very effective and it could slow the sweating of my hands down. I think its a really cool Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed,
    I really hope you make this idea a reality because I can relate to those problems myself even though I am a ps4 man. If this hits the market there is no telling what kind of turn out it will get. It could be scrutinized or celebrated and my guess is that a generation that needs headphones with no wires is a generation that would pay out there pocket for a cooling controller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Reed! Again, LOVE reading your posts. Just because I can relate to it so much. Interesting that which gaming console you use finally came out! I actually own both a PS4 and an Xbox One S, so I feel like I have a pretty good perspective on both gaming controllers. I agree with your interviewees, that it is quite *gross*, being handed a sweaty controller. I am actually experiencing this right at this very moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea Reed! As someone who owns a PS4 I don't fully understand how a controller could get really sweaty because I don't have that problem but I certainly see how it could become an issue! I know for me especially I'd like a protective wrap for my controller because I'm constantly dropping it. I know there is definitely a market for you because anyone with a gaming system knows how beaten it can get after awhile because of overuse. Best of luck with your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reed,
    It seems there is more demand for a product that reduces sweat, rather than one that limits the spread of germs. In previous assignments, you explained that you wish to fix both issues, however, I think you should prioritize creating a sweat-resistant controller. Judging by your interviews, that seems to the most important aspect for consumers. It's obvious that you have a clear understanding of your business idea, and you're also open to constructive criticism and general advice. These are very important qualities for an entrepreneur to have!

    ReplyDelete