Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Bug List Assignment

"Bug" List Assignment
1. Whenever I am driving behind someone on University after class, if I am on my scooter, people always drive behind me super close and make me feel like they will knock me off my scooter.
- I think that this bug exists because after class people are so in a rush to get home or wherever they need to go and they are so frazzled after class that they don't realize how close they really are to me. Also, since I am on a scooter and not protected by a car around me, I feel more vulnerable.
2. The past few times I have been to Dunkin Donuts, the people behind the cashier that get paid to be friendly and take orders were very slow and rude which does not make sense to me because they are paid to do the complete opposite.
-I think that this bug exists because I usually go to Dunkin after I wake up so I am probably a little grumpy in the morning and the people at Dunkin have probably already been yelled at by so many rude customers before me that they are already exhausted.
3. It really frustrates me that every time I go on to Canvas and go to dashboard off of the bookmark shortcut on my safari, it always comes up with a screen the first time saying it could not load. I then have to refresh the page a bunch of times before it works.
-I think that this bug exists because of a poor connection possibly from my computer's bookmark link to canvas but it confuses me why it works every time but just not the first try.
4. It really frustrates me when I'm driving on the highway to go home from Gainesville like I was the other day and people drive under the speed limit in the left lane. It is common knowledge that you move over to the right line if you want to drive slow and you go in the left lane to drive fast so you can pass. I was nonetheless stuck behind two drivers going to the same speed for too long.
-I think that this bug exists because I am a restless driver and I just want to get where I am going as soon as possible and I assume other people want that too although I am probably wrong.
5. I hate that when I turn on my television that I sometimes have to use two different remotes: one for the television screen and one for the speaker.
-This bug exists because sometimes the speaker sensor does not read when I click the on button on the remote so it does not turn on when the screen turns on. I then have to find the speaker remote to get on the speaker without turning back off the screen.
6. I hate when water cups are the same size as regular cups you have to pay for at restaurants.
-I think this bug exists because some companies might not want to spend the extra money to have to order two sets of different cups or maybe sometimes they just run out of the other type of cup. Either way, I feel cheated out if the regular cup costs money and I don't find out until after I already bought it.
7. It bugs me that I have to lock my front door to my house because I noticed the other day that when I got home, the door was cracked open and bugs got in; the door does not fully get locked into the socket if you do not slam it hard.
-I think this bug exists because I did not think to look back if the door closed completely and because it is an old door with a worn down lock that needs more pressure to be closed.
8. It really bugs me when my roommates leave dirty dishes in the sink especially when I have guests over that will see how dirty it looks.
-I think that this bug exists because we never clearly discussed between all the roommates rules about cleaning dishes and keeping the place clean.
9. It bugged me the other day when I went to Chic-fil-A in the hub and I had to go to class pretty soon and just because I asked for no pickles on my sandwich, I had to wait 25 minutes for my food when people after me got theirs right away. If they told me I could have my sandwich right away and I just have to take the pickles off myself, I would have done it.
-I think this bug exists because the workers did not inform me that I was waiting so long because they had to wait on a new batch of sandwiches made with no pickles when I would have been fine just taking them off by myself,
10. It bugs me that when I fill up my scooter with gas, there is a little metal bar right in the tank that blocks the pump nozzle from fitting in so the gas splatters off the bar and gets on my clothes and shoes.
-This bug exists because the scooter was designed with a bar in the gas tank making it hard for me to fill it without the gas splashing off the bar.
11. It bugs me when I see someone in public that I have no interest in talking to but feel forced to converse.
-This bug exists because I never act like I don't want to talk so I give people a false impression.
12. It bugs me when I am walking around town and going about my day and it randomly starts to rain. This forces me to have to find cover and it wastes time in the day.
-This bug exists because I get frustrated when I have to waste valuable time to stay out of the rain.
13. It really bugs me when I am going to work down the same road I always do but one day there is construction which causes me to be late to work.
-This bug exists because of construction needing to be done and me not giving myself the proper amount of time to get to work.
14. It bugs me when I forget something at home like my lap top or my backpack, forcing me to either suffer through class without them or miss some of class to go back and get it.
-This bug exists because I leave my lap top on the couch during the day and sometimes I am in too much of a rush to go grab it before I leave.
15. It bugs me when I get my dirty laundry all the way downstairs to put in the washer and someone left their wet clothes in there. This forces me to either move them myself or wait until whoever's it is comes and gets it.
-This bug exists because someone was not thinking about other people when they decided to leave their laundry in and it was poor timing for me.
16. It bugs me when I get into work and someone is sitting in my seat and I am forced to either ask them to move so I can sit there or choose an alternative seat that I am not used to.
-This bug exists because there are no name tags on the seats and sometimes people change their shift and come in when I am there and that might be where they sit on their normal shift.
17. It bugs me when I get to Publix to get a sub and the line is too long because they are cooking more chicken tenders and I have to either get a different sub or wait for them to be ready.
-This bug exists because either Publix did not make enough chicken in an efficient manner or because a surplus of people they weren't expecting ordered chicken all at once.
18. It bugs me when people talk really loud on their phone calls at work when I am trying to do my own work.
-This bug exists because people aren't always aware of their surroundings or just do not care that they are affecting other people's work.
19. It bugs me when I am walking out of my house in a rush and I accidentally stub my pinky toe on the corner of a table or wall.
-This bug exists because when I am in such a rush, I do not look where I am walking because I am so focused on getting out the door.
20. It bugs me when homeless people go in to the Chic-fil-A on University and try to use the bathroom even though there is a code to get in that you do not get unless you order food. This causes me to have to wait for them to either struggle until someone lets them in or go find a bathroom somewhere else.
-This bug exists because a lot of homeless people in Gainesville all hang around on the corner of University and 13th Street so it is convenient for them to just go into the Chic-fil-A right there.

I found this assignment difficult because although I encounter many things during the day that bother me, it is hard to sit down and remember all of them or even any of them. I came up with the first 10 pretty quickly because they were the major things I remember that bother me on a daily basis. Once I got to 15, I really had to sit down and think about what I do on a day to day basis and remember each task I do during the day. Once I remembered the "bugs" that occur during work and on my way to work, it made it easier for me to come up with a few more "bugs." Overall, I think this assignment was fairly difficult but very helpful because I now know ways I can make my day better by cutting out some of the "bugs".


1 comment:

  1. Reed,
    I also had trouble identifying "bugs" once I reached my 12th "bug" or so. I can attest to the hordes of homeless people on the corner of University and 13th -- they do not give a good image to the beautiful Heavener Building across the street. You did a great job of identifying things that bug you and I can relate with a lot of them. I also ride a scooter and it's ridiculous how close some drivers will get behind you. When you're on such a fragile and "open" vehicle, you become more sensitive to everything around you.

    ReplyDelete